Research Associate II, Analytical Development
Icosavax, Inc. (NASDAQ: ICVX) is a publicly traded biopharmaceutical company leveraging its innovative VLP platform technology to develop vaccines against infectious diseases, with an initial focus on life-threatening respiratory diseases. Icosavax’s VLP platform technology is designed to enable multivalent, particle-based display of complex viral antigens, which it believes will induce broad, robust, and durable protection against the specific viruses targeted. Icosavax’s pipeline includes vaccine candidates targeting respiratory syncytial virus (RSV), human metapneumovirus (hMPV), and severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2). Based in Seattle, Icosavax was formed in 2017 to advance the breakthrough VLP technology from the Institute for Protein Design at the University of Washington with the goal to discover, develop, and commercialize vaccines against infectious diseases.
Icosavax seeks a Research Associate II with a background in biophysical characterization methods to advance our clinical manufacturing programs. The successful candidate will be highly motivated and have direct experience analytical characterization of recombinant proteins.
- Execute protocols for biophysical characterization of recombinant proteins and protein complexes.
- Analytical method development and operation/maintenance of associated instrumentation.
- Execute protocols for recombinant protein production and purification.
- Assist with SOPs, methods and technical reports describing experimental design and data analysis.
- Maintain complete and accurate laboratory notebooks.
- Effectively communicate experimental design and results to supervisor and/or project teams.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- BS degree in life sciences or bioengineering
- 2+ years industry experience
- Detailed knowledge of analytical characterization techniques including HPLC, bio-layer interferometry (BLI), differential scanning fluorimetry (DSF) and light scattering (SLS/DLS)
- Familiarity with mass spectrometry (LC-MS) preferred
- Knowledge of analytical method development and/or method qualification for complex biologics preferred
- Excellent organizational and verbal/written communication skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in data analysis and verbal and written technical communication
- Manual dexterity required to operate lab and office equipment
- Location: Seattle, WA
- Must be eligible to work in the USA
- To reduce the presence and severity of COVID-19 cases in the workplace and in our communities, Icosavax requires all newly hired employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before commencing employment, subject to reasonable accommodation and other requirements of applicable federal, state and local law.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org