Better vaccines may be possible with our VLP approach
Working to empower a better immune response
Icosavax was founded in 2017 with a mission to protect at-risk populations through the discovery, development, and commercialization of vaccines for severe, life-threatening infectious diseases. We are advancing breakthrough virus-like particle (VLP) technology that enables multivalent, particle-based display of complex viral antigens, which we believe can induce broad, robust, and durable protection against the targeted viruses. Our pipeline includes clinical and preclinical development focused on respiratory syncytial virus (RSV), human metapneumovirus (hMPV), COVID-19 (SARS-CoV-2), and flu.
Our ultimate vision is to utilize our VLP technology to produce combination vaccines that may offer one or more of these potential benefits: protect against multiple viral infections, last beyond a single season, cover emerging variants, limit unwanted side effects, and significantly reduce hospitalization and death—especially in the more vulnerable elderly.
- Developing VLP-based vaccines and combinations with the ultimate vision of creating pan-respiratory vaccines for older adults
- Unique VLP modality with multiple potential benefits. VLPs are intentionally designed to mimic the structure of viruses to empower better immune response
- Announced the initiation of Phase 1 for IVX-A12 for the prevention of RSV and hMPV in October of 2022
- COVID-19 and flu programs in preclinical development
- Continuing to expand capabilities, including a research team focused on state-of-the-art antigen design and a team optimizing our speed in manufacturing
- Experienced team with extensive expertise in protein design and vaccine development supported by leading healthcare investors and a distinguished scientific advisory board