Better vaccines may be possible with our VLP approach
Working to empower a better immune response
Icosavax was founded in 2017 with a mission to protect at-risk populations through the discovery, development, and commercialization of vaccines for severe, life-threatening infectious diseases. We are advancing breakthrough virus-like particle (VLP) technology that enables multivalent, particle-based display of complex viral antigens, which we believe can induce broad, robust, and durable protection against the targeted viruses. Icosavax’s lead program is a combination vaccine candidate targeting respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) and human metapneumovirus (hMPV), and its pipeline includes additional programs in influenza and severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2).
Our ultimate vision is to utilize our VLP technology to produce combination vaccines that may offer one or more of these potential benefits: protect against multiple viral infections, last beyond a single season, cover emerging variants, limit unwanted side effects, and significantly reduce hospitalization and death—especially in the more vulnerable elderly.
- Developing VLP-based vaccines and combinations with the ultimate vision of creating pan-respiratory vaccines for older adults
- Unique VLP modality with multiple potential benefits. VLPs are intentionally designed to mimic the structure of viruses to empower better immune response
- Announced the initiation of Phase 1 for IVX-A12 for the prevention of RSV and hMPV in October of 2022
- Flu and COVID-19 programs in preclinical development
- Continuing to expand capabilities, including a research team focused on state-of-the-art antigen design and a team optimizing our speed in manufacturing
- Experienced team with extensive expertise in protein design and vaccine development supported by leading healthcare investors and a distinguished scientific advisory board
Board of directors
Scientific advisory board & key advisors
1930 Boren Ave, Suite 1000
Seattle, WA 98101